Dan Van Wie wrote an article in The Bleacher Report entitled “Cam Newton: Top Ten Things Brett Favre Would Tell The Rookie QB as his Mentor” (5/18/11).
- Learn How to Bide your Time as a Rookie.
- How to Use your Fame for Endorsement Deals.
- How to Command Credibility and Respect.
- QB Style: Their Games Don’t Exactly Match Up.
- Talk about Being an Entertainer and Icon and The Social Media.
- Know When its Time to Walk Away.
- How to Stay in Shape.
- How to Read the NFL Defense.
- How to Deal with the Media.
- How to Retain your Passion for the Game and Keep Having Fun.
I would highly encourage you to read his elaboration on the above 10.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/703031-top-10-things-brett-favre-would-tell-cam-newton-as-his-mentor [photo: theepochtimes.com]
Mr Van Wie’s list inspired me to make my own Top Ten list, one that parallels the main message above with the underpinnings of sex and relationships, as a “Sexual Mentor”.
1) Patience my Dear, Female Orgasms take Time. Men are straight shooters, on average having orgasms 90% of the time. Men’s orgasms are faster and appear to be easier to achieve. If a man is engaging in intercourse without pause, he will most likely ejaculate in 3 to 5 minutes. As many things can be more difficult with females, orgasms can present a challenge. With intercourse only, 20% of women achieve orgasm. Why the discrepancy? The female core of pleasure nerves lie in the clitoris (more nerve endings than in the whole penis); intercourse provides some direct and indirect stimulation of the clitoris during thrusting motion yet often not enough needed to put us over the top. Even though orgasm isn’t the goal in sex- pleasure is….. clitoral stimulation over 15 to 20 minutes time, often gets us there. Total body and genital stimulation helps women to orgasm 60+% of the time. So Cam, be patient, vary stimulation/speed/lubrication and patiently wait for her big “O”.
2) How to Use your Fame to Select your Sexual Partners. The women will come in droves, many at the doorstep all ready. Gaining a sexual partner will be as easy as pointing your finger. Selecting wisely and with safe sex strategies another. When Favre metaphorically got in bed with Madden it drastically boosted his endorsement deals and widened his fan base- this strategy benefitted: player, product, and fan. When you choose who to literally go to bed with, think about: their sexual history, sobriety, respect to all parties involved, safe sex, a person with both brains and beauty, and their motives. It may be fun just to have sex with the swarms of women that come your way without consideration for many of the above thoughts, yet unwise choices with unhealthy (emotionally &/or physically) people are very heavy. Select a bed partner that benefits: you, the sexual partner and your future.
3)Gain Credibility and Respect in the Bedroom. Self respect is the first step to gaining respect from others. When one respects themselves they tend to make choices that reflect integrity and character. Eliminate the B.S., don’t say ‘I love you’ or ‘I’ll call you’ unless you mean it; don’t make any false promises to the ladies. Make sure sexual behaviors are reciprocated….sex is only a one sided pleasure when masturbating. Show selectiveness when choosing a sexual partner. Friends with benefits does exist yet you have to maintain the friends part or it just becomes a person to call for sex when interested. Exhibit humbleness, I’m not saying don’t be proud of the sexual skills you’ve developed or not to acknowledge your physique yet do so in a humble manner. Ask a woman what she wants, sexually and afterwards. Always have safe sex, it respects both you and your sexual partner. Condoms may interfere with 100% penile sensation (giving you instead 90%) yet it feels a lot better than pissing fire when you have an STD or of course, having a life threatening illness-(HIV). (I recommend Trojan Skyn or Durex extra sensitive for increased sensation)
4) Whether a QB or an Average Joe, Size only Says So Much: We hear a lot about the size of the male penis; it seems bigger is better. Yet this is not always the case. When penises are too large they can create pain in the vagina and to the cervix and well as be almost impossible to place in your mouth-both in diameter and length. I have never heard a woman discuss the size of her vagina…I doubt women really even know the ‘average’ size of the vaginal canal. Vaginas in their daily state are around 3 1/2 inches in length, once aroused they can expand up to 5 1/2 inches or so. This mean that the man with a ‘reported’ 7 1/2″ penis, doesn’t even need 2 of those inches. Typical penises are between 5 to 6 inches when erect. It appears that the diameter/width of a penis is more related to pleasure due to the feeling of fullness women gain and enjoy. 5 1/2 inches is enough, the rest is for show. Despite its size, its how you use it to both you and your partners satisfaction. My message to the men out there whether you are a large or small penis guy- enjoy and use what you have- stop comparisons, wrap it up, and get your game on!
5) The Spotlight can Light You Up or Burn You. Being in the position of a popular sports figure plus with the advantages of attractiveness, athleticism, and funds, the opportunity to meet and date highly attractive females will come with relative ease. When the spotlight is on, it is easy and without conscience attention to become a ego maniac- everyone loves me, I can get anything I want, I am invincible, bring it! Well a part of it true, fans with love you, ladies will cling to you,your attractiveness is obvious, yet you will remain human and under scrutiny of the press. As humans we all make mistakes, guaranteed. The unfortunate part of being in the spotlight is that everyone gets to see, hear or read about your mistakes both on and off the field. Use your charm and skill to shine and humbleness to lessen the burn.
6)Sometimes you Walk. Knowing when to walk away and doing it, is two different things. We often know when we are making unwise decisions in relationships or just in the bedroom and we frequently say ‘oh well, what the hell’, yet repeating this pattern will lead you to a dead end. As a ‘cake eater’ myself meaning – I want my cake and eat it too- I can recognize the desires to gain, obtain, and experience. Surprising as it may be, those that gain all their ‘wants/desires’ often report unhappiness and general dissatisfaction with life. It appears that healthy limits and boundaries increase happiness! So- not getting ‘everything’ we want benefits us. Learning when to walk away shows wisdom and can lead to a happier life.
7) Regular Sex is Good for your Health. Engaging in safe sex 3 or more times per week reduces your risk of heart attack and stroke by 50%! Its boosts immunity 30%, improves circulation and sleep, burns calories and is fun. Ejaculating 5 times or more per week drastically reduces your risk for prostate cancer and is even linked to a longer life span.
8) Learning to Read others is Challenging. Emotional IQ is just as, if not more so, important than intellectual IQ. Emotional Intellect is perceiving, using, understanding and regulating emotions in both ourselves and in others. Learning to read the defensive line in play can be difficult, now trying to read or better understand both yourself and others- thats a big challenge that takes time, insight, self awareness, and practice. This skill will not only benefit you as an athlete but also as a man. I recommend you accept this challenge.
9) Media’s pitfalls Outside of the obvious paparazzi, all eyes will be on you. That not only includes your performance on the field but off. Easy ways to avoid pitfalls: a.) no sex with underage girls b.) no sex texting c.)no penis pics d.) don’t videotape yourself having sex or let others tape you e.) don’t have sex with your friends woman or your household help f.) manage your substance consumption so you don’t look like a drunken fool out on the town g.) always use a condom to prevent unwanted pregnancies and STD’s h.) don’t say you have tiger blood i.) don’t refer to yourself in 3rd person …many more can be added to this list, but its a good starting point.
10) Maintaining Passion and Zest in your Relationships. If you choose to engage in a monogamous relationship, it will have many rewards and some challenges, such as how to maintain passion in the bedroom. There are many ways one can maintain or create passion in the bedroom: vary up sex, enact or share fantasies, keep flirting, be a team player at home and contribute, date, prioritize, surprise, and… keep dating. Women want sex, adventure, validation and a companion.
The list of 10 Tips from this “Sexual Mentor” can help you succeed in your own game. Enjoy the practice, suit up and PLAY!