There’s a variety of books, articles and websites talking specifically about how to seduce someone. The M3 Model lists seduction in three phases:
Attraction, Comfort and Seduction.
The attraction phase is divided into :
A1 – Approach
A2 – Attracting the HB or Female-to-male Interest (Demonstrate high value, using gimmick, magic, psychic routine, humor ……)
A3 – Male-to-Female Interest (The hot babe must be baited into demonstrating her own value. By this way, you’re just attracted to her by her personality or charm, other than her looks)
The seduction phase is divided into :
S1 – Foreplay
S2 – LMR (Last Minute Resistance. Once you have it, she may say “we should stop …” or “We better be careful about where this is going”.)
S3 – Sex
The Game:“Penetrating the Society of Pickup Artists,”, by Neil Strauss, has 10 chapters which are titled: 1) Select a Target 2) Approach and Open 3) Demonstrate Value 4) Disarm the Obstacles 5) Isolate the Target 6) Create an Emotional Connection 7) Extract to a Seduction Location 8) Pump Buying Temperature 9) Blast Last Minute Resistance 10) Manage Expectations.
Is this really seduction?
Power, Overtake, Master, Dominate, Manipulate and Control.
Where’s the love?
Psychology Today blogger Caroline Simon, PHD. defines seduction as:
“Seduction sets out to get a “yes” whether or not sex compromises the welfare and sexual autonomy of the seduced. It is no accident that the root meaning of “seduce” is “separate” or lead away. Those who are seduced are led away from the values central to their own sense of integrity.”
“Seduction may look “romantic” but it is really all about self-centered power.”
Simon’s check list for seduction:
- There is mutual consent to all activities.
- The pursuer wants to get to know the pursued in order to obtain consent.
- Deception or calculated ambiguity is used to obtain consent.
- The pursuer is indifferent to the welfare of the pursued.
- The pursuer’s motives in the pursuit are personal pleasure or an ego-boost.
- The pursued person consents to sexual activities which he or she was averse to engaging in or which are at odds with his or her principles or priorities.
- The pursued person would not consent to all the activities engaged in unless he or she were deceived or manipulated.
That’s no fun.
When you are interested in ‘catching’ a guy or girl, pay attention to your intent. Is it to bed them? To wed them? To date them? To win them over? Or just plain ‘get off’?
If your real intent is to bed them and get off, instead of utilizing the steps suggested for ‘seduction’, why not try honesty. Your hot, I’d really like to …… (you fill in the blank).
How about we throw the whole seduction thing out of the window.
Power, control, manipulation, and disrespect for the other person’s values, has no place in the bedroom or in relationships.
Let’s flirt, tease, play – respectfully, consensual, while valuing the other person.
Seduce Me, not.